Friday, November 7, 2008

On the Lighter Side

Do you ever have one of those weeks where life kinda throws you off balance and it takes a little bit to get your equilibrium back? 

 This has been one of those weeks, in so many ways....and I just couldn't find the time to write any earlier this week. Probably because I was tired and a bit overwhelmed over the weekend...but now it's Friday night and I can take a few minutes to think. 

I've decided to keep it light this week and cheery and so in looking around for something to inspire me, my eyes landed on our dog. 

He's such a long haired furry thing but cute as a button. 

The fact that we even have a dog is a big step for me as I am not a pet person. I don't like to touch pets or clean up after them. 

One day, as I was whining to my mom, she said, and I quote, "Do you think all the pets you had growing up your father and I wanted?". 

Touche` Mommy...so now we have this dog. 

The whole beginning potty training thing really tried my patience. I was potty training the toddler at the same time so my life was filled with poo and pee everywhere. 

Just a note, the puppy has learned a lot quicker than the toddler!! 

But as disgruntled as I was about getting a dog, I have to admit that he has weasled his way into my heart without me even being aware that he was doing it. 

He certainly has his own personality and he's a definite character! He is so pouty that it cracks me up. He literally hangs his head and walks away if he gets into trouble or when we leave him behind. 

Poor little thing...we all feel so guilty about it too, that's how good he is at pouting! 

He has brought so much joy into our lives in the three short months we've had him and I'm quite surprised at how I've taken to him. 

I still don't let him in my bed, mind you, and I still don't like petting him, but I am a bit intrigued by him. 

To all of you pet people out there, I do admire you...especially when you let your dog lick your face...eeeewwww..or even worse, your feet!! Gives me shudders.... 

All in all, however, I am glad we got him.....even when he wakes me up way too early in the morning to go out for nature's call. That really does annoy me, but I guess he is teaching me patience and tolerance. 

Those Life Lessons come from everywhere, don't they?....~M

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to leave a comment and thank you so much for visiting my blog! I hope to have inspired you in some way....M