Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Risks

As you may have noticed, the look of my blog has changed. 

I'm working on a new project and it's been so much fun! I'll let you know about it ASAP, once everything is in place. 

I always seem to be working on a new project. 

I like a good challenge...I like to try new things. 

Some things work, some things don't. I've tried so many things over the years and I used to beat myself up for all the things I've tried that didn't work. A new hairstyle, a new business or a new hobby. 

I always felt people were judging me for all of my new ideas. I hear this all the time, "So what are you into now?" 

That used to send a little pain to my midsection when someone said that because I felt like they were condemning me for it. 

I don't feel that way anymore. I know that I have to live my life for me and for what works for me. I don't like to be idle and I don't like to stall and be stuck in the same old routine. 

I enjoy the process of learning something new. I also get a little thrill out of completing or accomplishing something I didn't think I'd be able to. 

I don't consider myself a risk taker but I've been called that numerous times. 

In my mind, a risk taker is someone who jumps out of planes or bungee jumps. That's way too out of my comfort zone. Gives me the heebee jeebees just to think of it!! I like taking less dangerous risks I guess. 

I seem to be attracted to the risks that involve personal development. 

I don't know what I believe in yet in terms of God and the Universe and that kind of stuff. I'm a work in progress. I do know that there is some force out there bigger than us and that I'm something more than just my physical body. 

My risks, these days, often evolve around trying to find what makes me tick and what makes other people tick. 

Ego, Spirit, personality, life experiences, mass consciousness, and background all make us what we are. I like trying to figure out why I think and behave the way I do and why others do the same. Because I know that we all are a result of our upbringing so far, I try to understand why people do and say the things they do. It helps me to eliminate judgements and negative opinions because I know someone is acting a certain way based on what they've experienced in life and I like trying to figure out what it is. 

Again, it's like taking a little risk....using my intuition to figure people out, but it helps me in my goal to become more personally aware in and of the world. 

It prevents me from reacting harshly to people and that, in turn, prevents me from becoming too attached to the outcome of the situation. 

Maybe it's just me trying to walk in their shoes. Maybe it just distracts me but that's okay too. I'm a happier person because of it. 

So, if you're one of the ones who are wondering what I'm up to now...just know that I am on a personal journey and that the people, the experiences and the results I encounter are all part of the lessons I need to learn while I'm here....simple, honest and true....~M

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to leave a comment and thank you so much for visiting my blog! I hope to have inspired you in some way....M