Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Keep on Dancing!

I have to confess that I am a reality television watcher. 

Oh, that was hard to confess. 

 I think mostly it's because I like to watch people, try to figure them out...what makes them tick, so to speak. 

Not that I watch many of the shows, I have only a select few. 

One that I watch off and on is "Dancing with the Stars". I did decide earlier this month that I would cut back on my television watching and do more of the things I think I never have time for like more meditating, reading, sketching and so forth. 

Well, last night I was surfing, just putting time (wink, wink) and came across the season premiere of said television show. I was going to turn it off because I wanted to be faithful to my vows....however...Cloris Leachman was on, and with her being 82, I just had to watch to see how she fared. 

 She did very well considering her age. She is more of an entertainer though and that was what was priceless about it. I thought it was so fantastic that there she was, at 82, continuing to enjoy life and continuing to learn new things. She is having fun and she looks marvelous. Good for her! 

I live across from a lodge where elderly people reside. My mom works with many of the tenants. It's so sad to see that, for some of them, they've lost their will to live. I understand how it happened for many of them, but it still saddens me, nonetheless. 

I think Chloris Leachman is an inspiration for many of us to keep finding our joy in life. 

Keep trying new things. 

Keep smiling, even when the going gets tough. 

Living life, being the best person you can be, is key to happier and healthier "golden" years. 

So, for now, I'll have to set my vows aside to watch her, because she makes me smile, giggle and admire her all at once. She's opened my eyes to the possibilities for me as I continue to age....hhmmmmm...ballroom dancing when I'm 82.... 

Why not?.....M

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to leave a comment and thank you so much for visiting my blog! I hope to have inspired you in some way....M