Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Musterbating

Isn't that a risque title?! 

There's a story behind that, of course. 

I was talking with my friend and fellow EFT-er, Karen, the other day. We were talking about the Law of Attraction. 

I'm sure many of you have heard about the movie and book called "The Secret". And you probably have your own opinion of it. 

I quite enjoyed it. I do think it only scratched the surface on the power of thought, but at least it did that. 

I know a few people who have manifested a few things using "The Secret's" methods. My mother was one of them. 

On some level, I've been using the Law of Attraction my whole life, but didn't realize it. When I wanted something so badly, I thought about it all the time. I imagined myself having it and, eventually, I got what I was desiring. 

It seems to be a little more difficult now that I'm older. I have a lot of "Yes, but's...." that stand in my way. 

I'll think of something I want and then I'll have a slew of thoughts as to why I can't have it. It's all part of the power of thought. 

I also enjoyed "The Secret" because it guides people to change their thought pattern, if anything else. 

Instead of thinking about all the nasty and crappy things going on in their lives, it helps them to start focusing on something positive and that in itself is a wonderful thing. 

Why not focus on what's positive? It changes your energy levels and gets you out from under the dark gloomy clouds that hang over your head. 

Changing thought patterns can be tricky, however, and that's what Karen and I were discussing. One of the affirmations we were using is "I can't wait until...I lose weight; I have more money; I am more successful; etc" 

Sounds pretty good, pretty positive... doesn't it? 

Well, according to Michael Losier's book, "Law of Attraction"...we were wording it all wrong. I

f you want to know more about it, check out his book. It is simple, easy to read and easy to understand. It all boils down to the power of thought. That's what my title is all about. 

When my friend Linda and I went to Vegas a few years back, we went to Hay House's "I Can Do It" conference. Loretta Laroche was one of the keynotes. She is a stress comedienne and oh, so funny. By the end of her show, she had all 2000 of us standing up, holding hands and singing "That's Amore`" at the top of our lungs. Talk about energy that night! 

One of things she shared was how we "musterbate" and "should-on" ourselves all the time. 

And we do. 

How many times a day do you say "Oh, I should ....do this, or go there or have done that" and so on or how many times do you say "I must do that, go there, have done that" and so on. 

We beat ourselves up by saying those words. 

All they do is create more guilt in us...and don't we have enough guilt already, without adding to our pile? 

Changing negative thoughts and negative internal dialogue, I think, is crucial to our good health and demeanor. After all, if we don't love ourselves, it makes it pretty hard to let others love us. It's not easy, some days, though. We are only human, after all. 

But just take the time, each day, to notice how you speak to yourself. Notice the negative things you say and try to change it into something positive. Put reminders up on mirrors or in your car or on your computer. It really does help and it eventually becomes second nature to think and talk more positively...and what a difference that will make on the circumstances in your life. 

Now, while the Law of Attraction is the "Law of the Day" right now, I think that we need to remember the other "Laws" of life that are just as important. 

I'll talk about this law more in my newsletter at some point because to me, it's one of the most important Laws that we could follow and it is the Law of Forgiveness. 

Forgiveness can change your whole life...it will make you healthier, happier and more joyful. Try it and see.

Another is the Law of Graciousness. How about that one? I think that's a Law so many people have forgotten about. If we all had and gave a little more graciousness in our lives, imagine the impact it would have in our homes, in our communities, in our schools....in the world. 

But I'll save that for my newsletter. 

In the meantime, just as a reminder, stop musterbating and shoulding on yourself. R

eplace that with graciousness and forgiveness for yourself. It's a start and it feels pretty darn good! Be kind to yourself and that kindness will pay forward many times over. 

Let me know how you make out!....M

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to leave a comment and thank you so much for visiting my blog! I hope to have inspired you in some way....M