Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Never Stop Learning

I saw that title in a magazine I was reading today. 

Never stop learning. 

What simple advice! 

I often get asked the question, "Is there anything you don't do?" 

For those that don't know me, I am a Jill of all trades and then some....or so people say. Someone once told me that I never stay with one thing because I am never satisfied. I did think about that for a minute or two....but I don't think that's it at all. 

I enjoy the challenge of learning new things. Once I master something to my standards, I move on to something new to master. I'm always learning. 

How can I not? 

There is so much to learn! 

There is so much to read! 

I'm often teased, as is my aunt and cousin, because I often start a sentence with....."Hey, I read that......" 

I believe learning is an essential ingredient to the well-being of people. 

If you close your mind to the limitless possibilities that exist out there, you may be closing the door to some wonderful opportunities! Some of my dearest friends are people I have met while taking a class of some kind! 

There is nothing wrong with improving yourself.....and there are so many fun and exciting ways to do it! 

Even just reading a book is a form of learning. I do have a couple of friends that haven't picked up a book in 20 years, so if reading is not your thing, there is an endless supply of classes that one could take, even if it's just a photography class, a cooking class or a painting class. Or take in a workshop at your local library or school...the newspaper is usually full of all kinds of workshops, I'm sure you'll find one that will pique your curiousity

Never stop learning...it's wonderful advice for you and wonderful advice for you to pass on to your children. 

Let them see you reading a great book or learning a new skill or taking a class. Never stop learning...it may just change your life.....M 

 FYI...I can't sing and I don't know how to cook very well......

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to leave a comment and thank you so much for visiting my blog! I hope to have inspired you in some way....M