Monday, June 8, 2009

Foot In Mouth Moments

Now, anyone who knows me, knows that I'd rather step in front of the bus than let anyone else be hurt. 

It's been my nature for as long as I can remember, although my brothers would probably tell you otherwise in discussing our childhood. 

But aside from those personality developing years, I'm really careful about what I say and I usually always try to put others' feelings first. 

However....once in a while I slip up and the words are out before I think about the ramifications of what I just said. 

Usually it's in respect to my kids who I let drive my bus on many occasions, but there are those times when I blurt things out when I'm in the driver's seat. 

Things I wish I could take back but just can't. 

I guess we all do that once in a while but I am not fond of those moments in myself. I've worked hard on being in a place where I honor and respect others and wish them only life's best. 

So when I mess up and cross the line into their lives, I have a hard time forgiving myself. I beat myself up pretty bad when I know I've stepped on someone's toes or interfered with their stuff. 

I know I am not alone in this, I know there are others who beat themselves up too and have regrets. 

I guess the only thing we can do when this happens is to step out of our misery and fear and try to rectify the situation. 

Say "I'm sorry" and learn from it. 

Man oh man, those life lessons can be difficult sometimes, can't they? 

I would never intentionally hurt anyone and if I do, because of an error in my judgment, I am sadly disappointed in myself. 

I do feel that my job on Earth is to make people's lives better...in a kind and gentle way....not by interfering in their journeys

I can only hope that if I have stepped on your toes, be it in any way, you accept my humblest apologies and understand that I have only love in my heart for you and wish only smiles, laughter, love and joy for you. 

This is my deepest wish for everyone......M

1 comment:

  1. Oh my dear friend how true is that!
    If only my mouth had a rewind button!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to leave a comment and thank you so much for visiting my blog! I hope to have inspired you in some way....M