Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Participating in the World

Hi there! 

I've just read an article with Sally Field. 

She's such a bubbly soul! 

When the person doing the interview asked Sally what she thought she'd be remembered for, she said she'd like to be remembered as someone who cared.....someone who participated in the world. 

That made me stop and think for a moment. 

I would also like to be remembered for that as well but am I participating in the world? 

How many of us can say that we have participated in the world? 

I think that statement would have a different meaning for each of us. 

For myself, I don't necessarily mean in big ways such as becoming a political leader or a famous actor. 

I mean participating in the world in small, caring ways. 

How about volunteering in your community? I know organizations such as Meals on Wheels are always looking for help. Check out your local schools to see if you can be a tutor for a struggling student or become a classroom reader. We always appreciated our volunteer readers who came in every morning to read with the grade one class. 

Other ways to participate in the world is to clean up the garbage in your neighborhood. It doesn't matter who put it there and who's to blame...just pick it up! 

Go green in your home....there are many websites you can look up that can give you ways to go greener in your home and in your community. 

Participate in the world...don't just sit back and complain about what's wrong in the world and whose fault it is. 

Do your part by taking small steps to improve what you can. 

Don't do it for the recognition or the glory...just do it because of how it makes you feel. 

As in the last post, you'll soon find that your energy will shift, your awareness will shift and the world will seem a bit brighter for you....and for your children and their children. 

Lift that fog of doom and despair that circles around so many of us...participate in the world, in whatever way that means for you.....M

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to leave a comment and thank you so much for visiting my blog! I hope to have inspired you in some way....M