Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Olympic Pride

Hi there! 

I don't know about you, but I've been glued to the television set watching the Olympics. It's been such a fantastic show with an incredible amount of breath holding excitement. 

That Michael Phelps, winning 8 medals? How absolutely awesome. 

It's funny because when I see the athletes struggling, I automatically start doing some EFT for them, although the event has usually taken place hours before. 

Maybe I'm doing it for me, to calm myself. 

You know, I have to wonder at the amount of people who are offended by the fact that the US is doing so well. I've heard people actually condemning Phelps for his job well done. 

Why would someone take offense to that? 

He set a goal, he worked hard and he achieved it....why is that such a bad thing? 

In trying to rationalize that, as I often do, I wonder if it's because if these offended people somehow feel a sense of failure in themselves. I mean that maybe they have goals they have never achieved.....and they feel bad about themselves when they see others doing so well. 

When they see someone achieve an amazing goal such as 8 gold medals, they feel intimidated and that just reinforces the doubt they have about themselves? Are they unable to be happy for someone who achieves their goals simply because they were unable to reach their own? 

We all feel a lack somewhere inside and our failures only enhance that. Maybe there's a jealousy factor. 

When we feel these negative emotions, it really is difficult sometimes to pull ourselves out of our own negativity into a positive state. 

Dreaming big is wonderful thing...hope is a wonderful thing....and joy is a wonderful thing. 

Again, it all falls into a person's perception and choice and the stories they tell themselves. 

It's okay to feel proud when others achieve...it gives us hope and it may even give us the strength and courage to move forward with our goals...even when the goal is getting the bedding washed this week.....M

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to leave a comment and thank you so much for visiting my blog! I hope to have inspired you in some way....M