Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Merry Christmas Delights

I read an article recently about Christmas. 

How could I not, they're everywhere!! 

There seems to be more and more articles about the stress and the lack of the true meaning of Christmas. I do agree with them. 

I will write more about in my newsletter this month, but I thought I would touch briefly on spreading Christmas Cheer. 

One thing I have noticed, is that very few people wish each other "Merry Christmas". 

It's like we're too self-conscious or too worried about hurting someone's feelings by wishing them a Merry Christmas if they don't believe in Christmas. 

I think that if you are sending someone good energy in the form of a polite and kind greeting, it will boost their spirits, even if they don't believe in Christmas. It will also boost your spirits. 

That is my belief.....so I've been practicing it. 

When I first wished someone a "Merry Christmas" walking by them on the street, the look on their face was astonishing. You could tell they were very surprised, and the little smile they had told me they were delighted. 

The next time I greeted someone, it didn't feel quite as strange to be saying it. 

Also, each and every time I greeted someone, they ended up smiling....and so did I. 

Now, I'm a "Merry Christmas" addict. 

I'm saying it to teachers, cashiers, the gas pump guys, people on the street and so on. 

I not only do it for the satisfaction I get out of making someone's day, I also do it for the wonderful feeling I get from saying it. When I say it to someone, I am being genuine and sincere and I think they can sense it. 

I also feel good about teaching my kids how to make someone else feel good by spreading Christmas Cheer. We all have extra stress at Christmas, and we're all usually in a rush...but it takes no time at all to boost yourself and others by wishing them "Merry Christmas". 

It's not hard at all...although it may sound weird coming out the first time....but once you get that one out, the rest just pop out. 

So, go ahead....picture yourself being the "Merry Christmas" greeter in your community....then put it into action. Make sure to watch for people's reactions, it's quite enjoyable. 

I'm not sure I'll get to my blog next week, so have an amazing holiday season..filled with laughter, joy and wonder. From my heart to yours...Merry Christmas!!  ....~M

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to leave a comment and thank you so much for visiting my blog! I hope to have inspired you in some way....M