Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Lovely Chaos

As per my last blog, I have been trying to go to bed earlier. 

While every night has not been a complete success, I am doing pretty well. 

My toddler wakes me up often with his nighttime issues and that prevents me from a complete eight hours....but again, things are improving. 

The one thing that baffles me about the whole thing is that as I sit here at 7:45 pm trying to find my inspiration to write something, I have a complete block. 

Can't think of a thing. 

I thought of lots of things in the past week, late at night or in the middle of the night, but alas, I did not write them down. 

Maybe it's the kids screaming in the background or the thoughts of the million other things I should get done yet tonight and I can't quiet my mind down enough to write something inspirational or motivational. 

Maybe it's the toddler standing here at my side demanding that I blow up his 4 foot blow up hammer. 

It's somewhat difficult to get creative in the midst of this lovely chaos. 

So, I'll have to rearrange things so I can actually get on the computer between toddler bedtime and my new found bedtime. Teens and spouse are usually on the computer at that time and that's another reason I wait until the late hours of the evening to write. 

I really do admire and appreciate all those moms that work at home and have tidy and organized homes at the same time. 

One question....do you not have chaos? 

How can your houses look so organized and peaceful when you work at home and try to spend time with your family at the same time? 

That is one thing I am not very good at. 

Some days it drives me crazy, like when people stop by and my house looks like the tornado just left.

Most days, however, I know I have to pick my battles and my house tidiness is often one battle I can leave for a bit. 

So, if you are thinking of dropping by for a visit, and I'd love to see you, please be prepared to step over toys, jackets, backpacks, maybe yesterday's groceries, and dog toys. 

It's not that I have intentionally left those things lying around, it's just that I've decided to spend more time with my kids or on my stuff. 

Come for a visit on Saturday morning. That's usually the one time my kitchen counter is clean! 

As for my blog, it's now 9:51 pm.... all kids are tucked in their beds and all blow up toys are..... well it's still lying here beside the computer chair...but at least it's quiet and I can write! 

And yes, Jeanine, I'm off to bed now......~M

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to leave a comment and thank you so much for visiting my blog! I hope to have inspired you in some way....M